Sunday, November 7, 2010

Heineken Light, not so right!

A couple of nights ago, I went out to Friday’s and asked what the beer specials were.  In this economy, I like to be careful about what I spend on beer.  The bartender told me they had Heineken Light for $3.00 a bottle.  So I figured I couldn’t resist.  I was a little hesitant to try it because I hate the taste of Heineken.  I was delightfully surprised to find out that the after taste is not bitter like Heineken is.  I am a light beer drinker and I definitely was not disappointed.
           
            Compared to Heineken, Heineken Light is several years younger.  It’s the new kid on the block and it definitely contended with its opponents.  It’s flavor is light and crisp without the harsh skunked taste of Heineken.  One of the only things I would change about this beer is its aroma.  Although it does not taste skunked, it definitely smells like it is.  Another complaint I have is that I can’t seem to find it on draft at any of the bars that I go too.  Maybe that’s just because it’s not that popular.

Overall, I rate this beer a C+.

1 comment:

  1. This should have been rated a F- . Nasty behind beer! The nerve of them to create such filth. haha =p

    ReplyDelete