Wednesday, October 20, 2010

          A couple of weeks ago, I went to Fridays before seeing a movie.  Since beer is usually my beverage of choice, I asked the bartender what the beer specials were for the night.  He told me Sam Adams Octoberfest was on tap for $3 a glass, so I decided to have one.  Sam Adams is an amber beer that tastes like autumn.  It has a bittersweet flavor that I enjoyed very much, but wouldn't recommend it to anyone who enjoys light beer.  It contains four different malts- Harrington, Caramel, and Munich- which create a sweet flavor.  But the classic Sam Adams Bavarian hops give it a bitter flavor to balance out the sweeteness.

          I was definitely not disappointed. It goes down smooth and is easy to drink.  It's not heavily carbonated, which is nice.  I believe it is the best one compared to other Octoberfest beers because it's not too bitter.  My only complaint is that it was very filling.  By the time my food arrived, I had two glasses of it and I couldn't finish my meal.  But it is one of the better beers in the Sam Adams collection. 

         

Overall, I rate this beer an A-.

No comments:

Post a Comment