Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sippin on the moon






When you work in a restaurant you tend to be introduced to alot of different things. Whether its new foods that you have never tried or beers you have never even heard of. Before I worked at my job I never heard of Blue Moon but after working their for two years me and Blue Moon have become good friends I must say. First a little background info on the beer Blue Moon, Blue Moon is a Belgian-style witbier brewed by the Molson Coors Brewing Company in Golden, Colorado, was launched in 1995. In Canada it is marketed as a similar beer called Rickard's White and is brewed in Montreal, Quebec[. Originally called Bellyslide Belgian White, it was created by Keith Villa, a brewer at Coors Field's Sandlot Brewery (the onsite brewery owned by the Molson Coors Brewing Company). The beer is orange-amber in color with a cloudy appearance because it is unfiltered. It is also spiced with coriander and orange peel in addition to the hops found in most beers. Blue Moon has a more pronounced orange flavor than many other beers of the style, and also has a slightly sweet flavor. The grain bill for Blue Moon includes malted barley, white wheat, and oats.

This is a personal favorite of mines my cousin actually introduced this beer to me. I was so fascinated at the fact that this beer can be enjoyed with a slice of orange. I must admit that the beer is very feeling because its a wheat beer, so if you trying to get drunk with this beer I do not recommend it. You will have a bad stomach ache because its very thick. Also this beer has a distinct color to it. It has a bright orange hue to it. Overall this beer is for the casual sippers. If your those types that drink beer to just get drunk than this is not for you.


Overall Grade ----------A-

No comments:

Post a Comment