Sunday, October 31, 2010

A beer that's right on point!

     If you like the taste of blueberries, you'll love this beer!  The other night, I was at a sushi restaurant/ steakhouse and I noticed this beer on tap at the bar.  Blueberry Ale is made by the Blue Point Brewing Company in Long Island, New York.  It's an interesting blend of blueberries and the bitterness of an American ale.  It's a light beer that tastes almost like a blueberry muffin.  My only complaint is that the consistency is a little syrupy and sticky.  It has very little carbonation and goes down pretty smooth.
     Blueberry Ale is a light brown beer with very little white foam on top.  It obviously smells like blueberries with a subtle hint of malts.  It is both drinkable and memorable because of the two different flavors blended together.  The flavors are very well balanced, making it easy to drink many more glasses.  I would recommend this as a great summer beer but I still enjoy drinking it in the fall.  I think it's one of the best fruity beers I have ever tasted.  I appreciate the fact that it is not overwhelmingly sweet like most fruity beers.

Overall, I give this beer an A-.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment